SCRC Fee Schedule
The Special Collections Research Center charges fees for certain services.
- Duplication Fees
- Service Charges
- Use Fees
SCRC can provide copies of materials in many formats, including books and loose paper formats, photographs, and audio recordings. The type of reproduction, delivery format, and fees will vary depending on the nature and size of the request.
SCRC can provide basic photocopies of materials by mail or fax, or attached to an email as a PDF. There are service charges for mailed or faxed orders.
- $0.25 per page for letter and legal size
- $0.50 per page for 11 x 17
Photocopy labor charges (for orders over 100 pages)
- 101-150 pp.: $5
- 151-200 pp.: $10
- 201-250 pp.: $15
- 251-300 pp.: $20
- 301-350 pp.: $25
SCRC can provide high quality digital images for use in displays, publications, exhibits, etc. Please note that such usage may involve additional fees.
- $5 for a low or medium resolution image (up to 300 dpi)
- $20 for a high resolution image
- $3 for a CD ROM
- $0.50 for a digital black & white laser print
- $2 for a digital print on glossy photo quality paper
All audio files will be in mp3 format and burned to a CD unless otherwise indicated. Audio digitization requires 15-20 business days.
- $13 for up to 60 minutes
- $17 for 61-90 minutes
The following formats can be digitized:
- 0.5 inch audio reel, 6 inch diameter
- 0.5 inch audio reel, 10.5 inch diameter
- Vinyl disc 33/45/78
- Cassette tape
- By quote
Charges for mailing, faxing, and rushing orders.
- For copies sent by regular mail a service charge of $3 will be added for 50 copies or less. For orders exceeding 50 copies, a service charge of 20% of the total cost will be applied.
- For copies sent by fax, $5 will be charged for every 10 pages.
Rush orders: While we may be able to complete small orders quickly, please allow a minimum of 10 business days for most requests, and be aware that large requests may take longer. Requests for rush orders (within 3 days) will have an extra fee of 100% of total cost.
- Audio digitization: For audio digitization rush orders, the extra fee will be $25 per half hour of labor, rather than 100% of total cost.
- A deposit of 50% of the total estimated cost will be required for orders of more than 100 pages.
Fees for the publication, exhibition, or display of SCRC materials. Permission to use SCRC materials must first be obtained from the Director of SCRC.
- Commercial use (within text): $50
- Commercial use (book cover): $200
- Non-commercial/academic press: $25
- SIU University Press: $10
- Web page: $10
- Exhibit display (non-profit): $15
- Exhibit display (commercial): $75