Reserves Circulation Policy
Textbooks and other materials required for courses may be on reserve at Morris Library. Look up your course to see what is available. You may check out reserves materials for 2 hours and use them in the library. Materials on electronic reserve are available 24/7.
- Anyone with a valid SIU ID may check out Reserve materials.
- Reserve materials are checked out for a two or four hour time period, depending on the type of item.
- Reserve materials may not be renewed.
- Reserve materials do not leave the library. All are for in-house use only.
All reserve materials must be returned to the Circulation Services desk on the first floor.
- Please do not return Reserve materials in the book drops, or leave them in the library.
- The item is not cleared from the user's account until it is discharged at the Circulation Services desk.
- To avoid unwarranted overdue fines, please return your Reserve items five minutes early and ask for a receipt.
RESERVE FINES: Fines for Reserve materials begin immediately.
- A late fee of $60/hour (or $1.00/minute) will be charged if the item is returned late ($300/5-hour maximum).
- This includes laptops, group study room keys/marker kits and headphones. Return on time to avoid these hefty fines!