The Undergraduate Assistantship program offers on-campus, paraprofessional employment opportunities for SIUC undergraduate students.
- Students work directly with a faculty member of professional-level staff member in a position related to their career or academic discipline.
- Students are paid a salary and normally work 10-20 hours per week.
Current Undergraduate Assistantship Opportunities
- Available undergraduate assistantships at Library Affairs (Morris Library) are posted below.
- Available undergraduate assistantships are also posted on the jobs bulletin board located south of the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor of Morris Library.
- All employment opportunities for students at SIUC, including opportunities in Library Affairs, are posted online on the SIUC Undergraduate Assistantship office website. Search online for Undergraduate Assistantship opportunities at the Undergraduate Assistantship website.
Current Library Affairs Undergraduate Assistant Positions
- There are currently no open Undergraduate Assistant positions.
- 2.25 cumulative grade point average
- Full-time enrollment each semester
- Meet requirements listed in the position description
- Pass a pre-employment background investigation if the position is security sensitive
- Have not held other Undergraduate Assistantships for a total of 2 years or more
- Are not employed by University Housing as a Resident Assistant
- For more information on eligibility visit the Undergraduate Assistantship website.
Instructions for Applicants
- You must complete a separate application for each position for which you wish to apply.
- Complete all sections of the application and include all of the materials requested in the position description.
- Library Affairs only accepts applications for the specific positions posted.
- Any applications submitted when there are no open positions will be discarded.
- Applications with blank "Position Applying For" fields will be discarded.
- Applicants who do not meet the required qualifications outlined in the posted position description will not receive consideration for the position.
- Applications received after the posted application deadline will not be processed and will not receive consideration for the position.
- Download the application form (PDF).
- Your completed application should be printed and sent either by campus or U.S. mail to the address listed below, hand-delivered to the Library Affairs Administrative Office in Morris Library Room 290 on the 2nd floor, or sent via email to email@example.com.
- Your application must be completed and turned in to the Library Affairs Administrative Office, and not to anyone else in Library Affairs, to be considered for the position.
- Printed applications are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, from the Library Affairs Administrative Office in Morris Library Room 290 on the 2nd floor.
Eligibility Review / Interview Process
- If there is a contact name listed on the job posting, you may contact that person with questions regarding the position.
- Library Affairs administrative staff and supervisors review applications submitted to determine eligibility and contact those candidates they would like to interview.
- Completing and sending in an application does not guarantee an interview.
- Candidates will only be contacted if they have been selected for an interview. Candidates not selected for an interview or determined to be ineligible for the position will not be contacted.
- When a position is filled, the job posting is removed from both the Library Affairs website and the Morris Library jobs bulletin board.
Undergraduate Assistantship Applications
Library Affairs Administration Office
Morris Library Room 290 Mailcode 6632
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
605 Agriculture Drive
Carbondale, IL 62901