Reserves for Students
Located on the first floor of Morris Library at the Circulation Services desk, Reserve materials are print and electronic items which have been submitted by faculty for use by students enrolled in their classes.To find out what is on Reserve for your course, you can search by course, instructor or department here: http://vufind.carli.illinois.edu/vf-sic/Search/Reserves
- Anyone with a valid SIU ID may check out Reserve materials.
- Reserve materials are checked out for a two or four hour time period, depending on the item type.
- Reserve materials may not be renewed.
- Reserve materials may not be taken from the library. All are for in-house use only.
All reserve materials must be returned to the Circulation Services desk on the first floor.
- Do not return Reserve materials in the book drops, or other service desks.
- The item is not cleared from the user's account until it is discharged at the Circulation Services desk. Return your item and ask for a receipt.
- Electronic items (journal articles, chapters from books, etc…) are available online 24/7 by searching Course Reserves as described above.
RESERVE FINES: Fines for Reserve materials begin one minute after the item is due.
- A late fee of $60/hour (or $1.00/minute) will be charged if the item is returned late ($300/5-hour maximum).
- This includes laptops, group study room marker kits and headphones. Return on time to avoid these hefty fines!