Answers to frequently asked questions about overdue books from Morris Library.
How much does an overdue book cost me?
- You are fined $0.15 a day for overdue library materials.
- Overdue Reserve materials cost $1.00 per minute they are overdue.
- For more information on fines and fees please see our page on the topic.
- To see how long you can keep an item, check our Loan Periods.
How can I stop the fine from building up further?
- Return the book to the Circulation Services desk on the first floor of Morris Library. We recommend you get a receipt in case there are questions about when the book was returned.
- Renew your book. You can do this online by logging in to your I-Share account or by calling the Circulation Services desk at 618/453-1455. If your book has a pink band (interlibrary loan), you should call 618/453-3374 to renew.
Where and how do I pay the fine?
- At the Circulation Services desk on the first floor of Morris Library.
- Fines may be paid in cash or with a check or money order. Credit, debit or DebitDawg cards are not accepted.
What happens if I don't pay my fine?
- It's referred to the Bursar's Office. If you have outstanding library charges at the Bursar's Office, you may not be able to register for classes for the next semester, get your grades, graduate, or get your transcripts.
For more information, contact Circulation Services on the first floor of Morris Library or by calling 618/453-1455.