Potential as well as currently enrolled graduate students are encouraged apply for graduate assistantships at Morris Library when positions are open.
- Any available graduate assistantships at Library Affairs (Morris Library) are posted below.
Library Affairs does not post graduate assistantships on the Graduate School website.
- For information on campus-wide SIUC graduate assistantships in colleges other than Library Affairs visit the Graduate School website.
- Available graduate assistantships are also posted on the jobs bulletin board located south of the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor of Morris Library.
Current Library Affairs Graduate Assistant Positions
- There are currently no Graduate Assistant positions available
Instructions for Applicants
- You must complete a separate application for each position for which you wish to apply.
- Library Affairs only accepts applications for the specific positions posted.
- Any applications submitted when there are no open positions will be discarded.
- Applicants who do not meet the required qualifications outlined in the posted position description will not receive consideration for the position.
- Applications received after the posted application deadline will not be processed and will not receive consideration for the position.
- Download the application form (PDF).
- Your completed application should be printed and sent either by campus or U.S. mail to the address listed below, hand-delivered to the Library Affairs Administrative Office in Morris Library Room 290 on the 2nd floor, or sent via email to email@example.com.
- Your application must be completed and turned in to the Library Affairs Administrative Office, and not to anyone else in Library Affairs, to be considered for the position.
- Printed applications are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm, from the Library Affairs Administrative Office in Morris Library Room 290 on the 2nd floor.
Eligibility Review / Interview Process
- If there is a contact name listed on the job posting, you may contact that person with questions regarding the position.
- Library Affairs administrative staff and supervisors review applications submitted to determine eligibility and contact those candidates they would like to interview.
- Completing and sending in an application does not guarantee an interview.
- Candidates will only be contacted if they have been selected for an interview. Candidates not selected for an interview or determined to be ineligible for the position will not be contacted.
- When a position is filled, the job posting is removed from both the Library Affairs website and the Morris Library jobs bulletin board.
Graduate Assistantship Applications
Library Affairs Administration Office
Morris Library Room 290 Mailcode 6632
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
605 Agriculture Drive
Carbondale, IL 62901