Morris Library's food and drink policy is an effort to achieve a balance between the comfort and convenience of our users and the need to ensure the long life and value of our collections, equipment, and furnishings.
Users are expected to be responsible and adopt the “leave no trace” philosophy in their use of food and drink in the library by properly disposing of all trash, recycling whenever possible, removing any traces of food and drink, and cleaning all surfaces.
- Patrons are encouraged to enjoy food and meals in the Delyte’s area, but non-greasy, non-messy food may be taken throughout Morris Library, except in the food- and drink-free areas listed below.
- Beverages in covered, spill-proof containers as well as non-greasy, non-messy food, may be taken throughout Morris Library, except in the food- and drink-free areas listed below.
- Wipe up any spills and dispose of waste properly.
- If clean-up is required, report it immediately to the nearest service desk, staff member, or 453-1455.
- Deliveries of food can ONLY be accepted in the north or south entrances. Library and Delyte’s staff will NOT assist with deliveries.
Food-and Drink-Free Areas
- Computer classrooms or near computer equipment
- Book Stacks
- John C. Guyon Auditorium
- Special Collections Research Center
- Geospatial Resources
Special permission may be granted by library administration to allow food and drink in the areas listed above for a special event. Visit http://www.lib.siu.edu/event-space for instructions on scheduling an event.
Consumption of alcoholic beverages in Morris Library is regulated by campus policy.
Approved January 2017 by Library Affairs Steering Committee