Laptops for Checkout
Certain categories of users may check out laptops to use in the library building.
- Laptops may only be checked out by current Undergraduate and Graduate students with a valid Southern Illinois University Carbondale photo ID.
- Faculty, staff, courtesy card holders, and CESL students are not eligible to check out laptops.
- Each student will be required to sign a Laptop Checkout Registration & Liability Form to enroll in the program and this form must be filled out at the Circulation Desk.
- Laptops may be checked out for a 4-hour time period.
- Laptops must be used within the library and its security gates.
- Laptops may be renewed depending upon user demand.
- Laptops are configured with the same software as the public computers in the library. Attempts at installation of other software will automatically be blocked.
- Never leave the laptop unattended.
- Save all personal files to a personal flash drive, other storage device, or send to your email account. Any files left on the hard drive will be deleted each night during the updating of the machine. Neither SIU nor Morris Library, is responsible for the recovery of personal files saved on the hard drive.
- Laptops must be turned in 15 minutes prior to library closing.
- Laptops must be returned to the Circulation Services Desk, 1st floor.
- Laptop, AC adapter and case are all reviewed for damage at both check out and check in.
- When returned, ask for a receipt and keep it for at least three months.