Food & Drink Policy
Morris Library's food and drink policy is an effort to achieve a balance between the comfort and convenience of our patrons and the need to ensure the long life and value of our collections, equipment and furnishings.
Our policy was established for the purpose of:
- Preserving collections and protecting our facility from pests and molds
- Promoting recycling of appropriate food and drink packaging
- Respecting our custodial staff by taking responsibility for our personal behavior
Patrons are expected to be responsible and adopt the "leave no trace" philosophy to their use of food in the library by disposing of all trash and recycling properly, removing any traces of food, and cleaning all surfaces.
- In the Delyte's seating area, open consumption of all types of food and drink is acceptable.
- Deliveries of food can only be accepted outside the building and consumed within the Delyte's seating area. Library and Delyte’s staff will not assist with deliveries.
- Wipe up any spills and dispose of waste properly.
- Report any spills to library staff as soon as possible.
Acceptable Food and Drink Items
- Beverages in covered, spill-proof containers
- Non-greasy and non-messy food
- Pre-packaged food, such as granola, energy bars, nuts, pretzels, cookies, and similar types of food.
Food-Free and Drink-Free Areas
- Near equipment, such as: computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers, microform readers, etc.
- Book Stacks
- Special Collections Research Center
- Geospatial Resources
Consumption of alcoholic beverages in Morris Library is regulated by campus policy.
Please help us preserve Morris Library for future generations of patrons. Your cooperation in respecting and complying with this policy is appreciated.