- Module 1
- Module 2
- Fair Use
- Checklist for Fair Use
- U.S. Copyright Law Section 108
- U.S. Copyright Law Section 110
- Module 3
Hey, have you ever wondered what copyright is all about and how it applies to you and the situations you may come across? For example, have you ever wondered …
- is copying the sheet music for my singing group for an upcoming performance legal?
- is downloading music recordings from the internet legal?
- is making a complete copy of an "out of print" book OK?
- how to protect and enforce my own copyright for something I have authored/created?
- how does one come to "own" a copyright of their creative work?
- is making a digital copy of a film/video/music/photograph/text/game/software legal? Is the answer any different for personal use only? For making copies for family/friends? For educational use? For uploading, for P2P file sharing, or open public access?
When you have completed this course, you will be able to answer these and many other questions regarding copyright. You will also be able to pass the short quiz at the end of each module.
This course contains the following modules:
Introduction and Welcome: Course overview (where you are now)
Module 1: What copyright is and when it is appropriate to seek permission for use of materials protected by copyright.
Module 2: Fair Use and other allowances (exemptions) for using materials protected by copyright without requesting permission.
Module 3: Case studies and scenarios—practical application of copyright law.
Use the navigation bar at the left to choose the video or module you want. When you have finished all the modules, play the © Game to test your skills and graduate from the course.
Back / Next